Welcome to the Snow Hill Christian Nursery School, a place where children learn and grow in a loving and fun environment. We are a Level 5 EXCELS program and are also accredited with the Maryland State Department of Education. Our number one priority is the families that entrust their childs’ education and care to us.
The Snow Hill Christian Nursery School which is located in Snow Hill, MD is a school that operates with a loving atmosphere of Christian values and beliefs. Snow Hill Christian Nursery School is a sign of God’s people sharing Christ’s love with everyone in the community; so that all children may be nurtured in such a way that each child will be afforded the opportunity to develop intellectually, emotionally, socially, and spiritually as well as physically.
Snow Hill Christian Nursery School strives to provide stimulating activities that make learning fun, but also encourages cooperative social behavior and improving communication skills. These goals are accomplished in a positive and creative learning environment that promotes basic Christian beliefs. Specific points of our philosophy include:
- To provide a relaxed, loving, safe atmosphere where every child meets with success, a positive self concept is enhanced, and independence and decision making are encouraged.
- To provide an environment where self discipline is learned, and limits and expectations are known.
- To provide a wide variety of planned activities within a routine where cooperative play is encouraged. These activities are drawn from the curriculum areas of art, math, science, cooking, music and movement, social studies, practical life, dramatic play, language arts, manipulative and large muscle activities.
- To develop in the child an active curiosity about the world in which he/she lives and an enthusiasm for learning that stimulates exploratory behavior and creativity.
- To instill a love of reading that will lay the foundation for future educational success.
- To be supportive of parents by encouraging involvement and maintaining open, honest communication.
- To establish awareness that we are all God’s children living in a supportive God-created world, each with talents and gifts to share with others.
- To be a non profit, non-denominational organization where enrollment is open to all students regardless of sex, race, creed, ethnic background, or economic status.